We provide 24 hour, 365 days a year accident and emergency services to those in need of emergency medical treatment and transport in - Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
We also provide non-emergency patient transport services for patients needing non-emergency transport to and from hospital, treatment centres and other similar facilities and who can't travel unaided because of their medical condition or frailty.
Within the east of England, we deliver the patient transport services in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, north, south and west Essex.
The area is made up of:
- around 6.2 million people
- 7,500 square miles
- 15 CCGs
- 17 acute trusts
In 2018/19 the Trust:
- received more than one million emergency calls
- Treated 64,157 people through our Emergency Clinical Advice and Triage Centre
Our resources and teams include:
- more than 4,000 staff and more than 1,500 volunteers
- three ambulance operations centres (AOCs) (Bedford, Chelmsford and Norwich)
- 387 front line ambulances
- 178 rapid response vehicles
- 175 non-emergency ambulances (PTS and HCRTs vehicles)
- 46 HART/major incident/resilience vehicles
- more than 130 sites.
Our total income in 2018/19 was more than £281 million.