HCP ambulance request and inter-facility transfers
Does your patient need an ambulance?
If you are a healthcare professional who needs to request emergency transport or urgent transport between hospital sites for your patient in our region, please call the appropriate number based on your county and you will be connected to one of our control rooms.
Please note that these numbers are not for use by members of the public.
- Bedfordshire and Luton – 01234 716120
- Cambridgeshire – 01603 888060
- Essex – 01245 443241
- Hertfordshire - 01234 716120
- Norfolk - 01603 888060
- Suffolk - 01603 888060
Once through to our control room you will be asked clinical questions about the patient’s condition.
- In a life-threatening situation or an emergency request, it is the responsibility of the attending clinician to the make the call
- Where delegation is unavoidable, the person making the request for support should be able to answer triage questions about the patient’s condition.
- All patients must be ready to travel when the call is made.
- Before calling, please consider whether you patient could make their own way to hospital or may be eligible for the Patient Transport Service.
This service cannot be booked for repatriations or step-down transfers/discharges to non-hospital facilities or out-patient appointments.
In immediately life-threatening situations you should always call 999
Interfacility (Hospital) Transfer (IFT) related documents:
Healthcare Professioncal (HCP) related documents: