Take extra care on the roads
Date: 05 December 2016
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) is urging drivers to take extra care on the roads tonight (05 December 2016) and tomorrow morning.
This latest advice comes as the Met Office issued an yellow weather alert for the East of England for fog between 6pm tonight going into tomorrow morning. This could see areas of fog develop, including some locally dense freezing fog patches with visibility less than 100 metres.
If you are driving tonight or tomorrow morning please take these simple precautions:
- Leave extra time for your journey
- Ensure your windscreens and mirrors are clear of ice and greasy residues
- Maintain a safe gap behind the vehicle in front
- If visibility is poor, reduce your speed accordingly
- Be extra vigilant for people, cyclist, motorbikes and hazards
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust is urging drivers to take extra care on the roads tonight and tomorrow morning.