EEAST launches consultation for its Corporate Strategy
Date: 01 October 2019
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) has today launched its consultation for the 2020-2025 Corporate Strategy.
The East of England Ambulance Trust is inviting feedback and views on its draft Corporate Strategy. This Strategy sets out our priorities for the next five years for providing safe, high quality patient care. It builds on the success of local and national pilots, which improve services for patients, while we help to deliver the NHS Long Term Plan.
The NHS Long Term Plan states that: “Ambulance services are at the heart of the urgent and emergency care system”. We believe we can help to provide innovative solutions, building on the success of local and national pilots to improve services for patients.
The Trust Strategy also supports the local plans being drawn up and implemented by Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs). Interim CEO, Dorothy Hosein, has written to the leaders of the six STPs in the East of England (along with CCGs and other acute trusts, charities and local Healthwatch) to invite their views before producing the final strategy document in January 2020. Trust staff, volunteers, patients and the public are also invited to give their views.
The draft strategy aims to ensure that:
- We work with the broader healthcare system to look at ways in which patients can be treated by skilled paramedics at home or in a more appropriate setting outside of hospital.
- We implement the recommendations from Lord Carter’s report on operational productivity and performance in ambulance trusts, so that we can offer the most clinically and operationally effective response.
- We continue to work on eliminating hospital handover delays.
- We continue to target capital investment at fleet upgrades and improving the environment for our staff.
- We have a robust recovery plan for the next two to three years to ensure we build solid foundations for our organisation.
Dorothy Hosein, Interim CEO, said: “The Corporate Strategy sets out our vision and priorities for the next five years, in line with the NHS Long Term Plan.
Our patients are at the heart of everything we do. The Strategy sets out a number of initiatives and projects that will continue to improve patient care and maintain a positive and accountable culture for patients, staff and volunteers.
“Your views matter to us and it’s important that we hear them, so we can shape our strategy to work for everyone.”
The consultation is open to everyone. We want to ensure we capture feedback from individuals, groups and organisations before producing our final strategy document in January 2020.
Your views can be submitted to StrategyFeedback@eastamb.nhs.uk by 30th November.
We have launched our consultation for the 2020-2025 Corporate Strategy.