EEAST celebrates its staff and volunteers at annual awards ceremony
Date: 04 July 2023
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) is holding an awards ceremony to celebrates its staff at Barrington Hall in Cambridgeshire on Wednesday 5th July 2023, the same day the NHS marks its 75th birthday.
The Stars of EEAST awards gives an opportunity for the Trust to thank staff and volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution in the past year.
In the Chief Officer commendations, members of the public and a Police Officer from Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit are recognised for their contribution to patient care.
The night will also see the presentation of long service awards and presentations of both the King’s Long Service and Good Conduct awards and Queen’s Long Service and Good Conduct awards which are awarded for 20 years frontline service.
Two members of staff who are marking 40 years of service will be presented with awards on the night.
The awards have been kindly sponsored by Apira, Ortus, Mills & Reeve, Cleric Computer Services, Capsticks, Browne Jacobson and The Wilker Group, as well as the East of England Ambulance Service Charity.
In keeping with the NHS 75th birthday theme, a 1960s Daimler ambulance will be at the awards and NHS memorabilia which stretches back to the year the NHS was founded in 1948.
There will also be a People’s Choice award across all the categories where staff and volunteers can vote for their favourite finalist up until midday on Wednesday 5th July 2023.
The other awards presented on the night are:
- The Lynne Storrie** Award – presented to a chosen student/trainee nominated by the training school as someone who has proved to be outstanding since they started.
- Keith Marshall Award for Distinguished Service – for any community first responder (CFR) that has shown exceptional dedication and service for the Trust
- Volunteer of the Year Award – for any volunteer that deserves recognition for outstanding service
- Trust Value Award for Quality – for people who live the Trust’s values – Care, Teamwork, Quality, Respect, Honesty
- Trust Value Award for Teamwork – for people who live the Trust’s values
- Trust Value Award for Honesty – for people who live the Trust’s values
- Trust Value Award for Respect – for people who live the Trust’s values
- Trust Value Award for Care – for people who live the Trust’s values
- Excellence in Patient Care, sponsored by Cleric Computer Services – for any member of staff who displayed excellent patient care beyond expectation
- Excellence in Innovation, sponsored by Ortus – for member of staff who has displayed innovative ideas to aid the Trust in its service delivery
- Excellence in Professional Development - for any member of staff who has shown dedication to their own personal development.
- Excellence in Community Partnership – for any member of staff, team or initiative that has had a positive impact on the community work we do through any partnership, including other NHS organisations, charities, community groups or 999 colleagues.
- Excellence in Leadership – for any member of staff who has displayed great leadership, with particular focus on the Trust values of care, teamwork, quality, respect and honesty.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Champion of the Year, sponsored by Apira – for any member of staff who champions and promotes equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and creates an inclusive environment in which all employees feel valued and can thrive.
- Team of the Year Award, sponsored by Mills & Reeve - to recognise the work of an outstanding team within the Trust who have worked together effectively to deliver excellent service.
**Lynne Storrie was a trainee paramedic who died in a road traffic collision on her way home from training school in 2001
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) is holding an awards ceremony to celebrates its staff at Barrington Hall in Cambridgeshire on Wednesday 5th July 2023, the same day the NHS marks its 75th birthday