Ambulance service recruiting 45 staff across the region for new Make-Ready sites
Date: 03 August 2023
East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust is opening five new Make-Ready sites around the region, creating 45 new full-time Make Ready Operative posts.
Make Ready Operatives play a vital role in ensuring ambulances and other vehicles are always prepared to respond to emergencies promptly.
Make Ready teams are essential for ensuring ambulances are clean and are stocked with all the essential equipment and supplies before their crew takes them on-shift.
They also clean and replenish ambulances mid-shift to ensure standards of hygiene and readiness are maintained at all times - and sometimes need to drive our vehicles from site to site.
In an emergency, ambulance crews must know where equipment is quickly – so each vehicle has a clear plan for where individual pieces of equipment go and in what order.
From defibrillators to dressing packs, equipment is laid out exactly the same across the whole EEAST fleet and its essential that the Make Ready teams get this right every time.
In addition to offering great training and working conditions, and the potential to further develop a career in the healthcare sector, a #CareerforLife in the NHS also brings benefits such as:
- Minimum £22k starting salary
- + 5% Fringe payment for Herts & West Essex
- + up to 21% pay enhancement for unsociable hours shift working.
Other benefits include:
- Final salary NHS pension scheme
- Free parking
- Minimum of 27 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (increases with years of service)
- Occupational Health services including a 24hr Employee Assistance Program, mental health and wellbeing, legal and financial services
- Staff support networks including BAME, LGBTQ+, Multi Faith and All Women in EEAST
We are recruiting at:
Ipswich: 8 vacancies.
Huntingdon: 9 Vacancies.
Hemel Hempstead: 7 vacancies
Harlow: 11 vacancies
Watford: 10 vacancies.
Start your #CareerForLife today and find out more about the role.
You can also find out more from our make ready team video.
East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust is creating 45 new full-time Make Ready Operative posts.