Volunteer car drivers
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity within our Patient Transport Service? Are you friendly, caring and compassionate?
We are looking for dynamic individuals that are looking to help drive our patients to and from their healthcare needs.
As a volunteer car driver you will be essential to help us provide an additional ambulance car service to our patients. Our volunteer's vehicles are expected to meet the specific requirements, along with our own vehicles. You will play an essential role in helping provide outstanding patient care and be at the forefront of our service. You will be supporting new patients who may be travelling to hospital for the first time or being a friendly face for our frequent patients.
If you have everything above and want to be part of ever growing volunteer network within our dynamic organisation, we would really love to hear from you.
Role type: Voluntary
Locations: Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and parts of Essex
Length of application process: Applications can take up between two to six weeks
Expenses: All driving expenses and some personal expenses
Anyone can become a volunteer car driver but you must:
- be physically fit
- be aged between 18-70
- agree to a disclosure and barring service check (DBS). This was previously known as criminal records bureau disclosure or CRB
- have a current full driving licence with a maximum endorsement of three points on application
- have access to a clean, road worthy car with a minimum of four doors and front and rear seat belts
- undertake a short driving assessment with us, including Highway Code awareness
- be available mornings, afternoons or evenings for a minimum of four sessions (approximately two days) per week
- have fully comprehensive car insurance (on interview written confirmation that the insurance company has validated the insurance for this type of voluntary work will be needed)
- have a valid road tax and MOT for the vehicle to be used
- to attend an interview, where all the above information and proof of identify can be checked.
Want to join the team?
If you feel you could become a volunteer car driver and would like an information pack, you can complete our online form to express your interest or alternatively, email your request to: ACS@eastamb.nhs.uk
Please contact Vicky Pemberton on 07866 573149 for an informal chat and to express interest about this role.