What is patient care worth to you? If you know being a paramedic is more than driving fast under blue lights and sirens and wearing a uniform, you'll also recognise the need for professional responsibility, conducting yourself with integrity, and providing the six ‘Cs’ of commitment, care, compassion, competence, communication and courage.
Be seen in green, and unlock your full potential and join our extraordinary and diverse workforce. We are looking for enthusiastic, caring and motivated individuals that share our visions and values to join our Student Paramedic training programme.
Salary: Starting at £19,245 + all new staff with be subject to unsocial hours payments under section 2 of the NHS Terms and Conditions of Service Handbook.
Locations: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
Length of training: This is a three year pathway
The small print:
- Have a minimum of five GCSEs of grade C or above, including Maths, English and a science
- A full UK manual driving licence with one year's driving experience ( a maximum of three penalty points will be considered for a minor motoring offence only).
- Provide evidence of recent study and commitment to self-development
- Have your own transport to attend training and work
- Demonstrate experience in dealing with a range of ages and social groups
- Understanding of compassion, respect and dignity through patient-centered care
- Dedication, motivation, and drive ensuring you take ownership of your own learning and study which commonly requires further study outside of core training hours in your own time
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to upholding the Trust's values.
Successful applicants without a provisional C1:
- Successful applicants who do not hold the provisional C1 will be required to obtain their provisional C1 as part of the conditional offer.
- Candidates must provide confirmation that they have applied to the DVLA for the provisional C1 prior to enrolling on a course and must subsequently confirm when they have received the provisional license.
- We expect candidates to have received their provisional C1 within six weeks of their course start date.
- More information on C1 reimbursement is available here.