Newly qualified paramedic
You’re at the end of your time at university, and it is now all about that important next step – selecting the right ambulance service as your employer.
We are recruiting enthusiastic, compassionate, and caringHCPC Registered Paramedics (or those due to register in 2020/21) to work within our organisation and to deliver the best patient care possible.
We are looking for professional clinicians to join us and continue delivering outstanding compassionate care. We know how challenging both the ambulance environment is, and being a clinician working remotely can be, but importantly rewarding. We use the national clinical practice guidelines, local guidelines and our clinical app to support your practice along with access to a clinical advice line. Our clinicians are trusted to give the care they assess and consider are appropriate to meet their needs.
We need our staff to be part of improving care to patients through individual practice and through delivering our clinical strategies like our end of life care, or improving cardiac arrest survival. We have a dedicated quality improvement team and a new strategy to help good ideas be explored, developed and implemented. We have a great success in safeguarding our most vulnerable patients, with over 4,000 referrals per month. The Trust is extremely research active and encourages individuals to be involved in research to improve patient care. We have active engagement with our commissioners to explore new ways of working and pathways of care. This includes opening up referral pathways and rotational opportunities for staff in other roles or organisations.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, attendance, and attitude
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Planning and decision-making
- IT literacy
- The Trust values / The 5Cs
- Understanding of goals and objectives within the NHS structure (e.g. Clinical Governance, Reforming Emergency Care, and Infection Protection Control, CERAD).
- Have a full UK manual driving licence with a minimum of one years driving experience (maximum of three penalty points for minor motoring offences only)
- New starters will be expected to achieve the full C1 category licence prior to undertaking their driver training. More information on C1 reimbursement is available here.
- Have your own transport to attend training and work.
Salary range: is £27,055- £32,934 per annum*
All new staff with be subject to unsocial hours payments under section 2 of the NHS Terms and Conditions of Service Handbook.
Vacancy locations: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire
*In accordance with the National Banding Agreement for Paramedics a "consolidation of learning" portfolio will apply to all newly qualified paramedics (NQP) recruited into an NHS ambulance trust in England after 1 September 2016. These staff will be expected to remain in pay band 5 normally no longer than a period of two years, consolidating and acquiring experience and competence. Further details of the NQP consolidation programme will be made available during the recruitment process.