C1 licence and reimbursement
This applies to all frontline A&E roles where the C1 licence is an essential requirement for the role and driver training is provided as part of the initial induction and course offer.
• Qualified Paramedic
• Newly Qualified Paramedic (NQP)
• Student Paramedic
• Qualified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
• Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician
• Emergency Care Support Worker (ECSW)
• Apprentice Emergency Care Support Worker
Please note, some Patient Transport Service contracts also require a C1 licence.
Requirement at point of application:
- Applicants must have a full UK manual driving licence with a minimum of one years driving experience (maximum of three penalty points for minor motoring offences only)
Successful applicants without a provisional C1:
- Successful applicants who do not hold the provisional C1 will be required to obtain it as part of the conditional offer.
- Candidates must provide confirmation that they have obtained their C1 prior to enrolling on a course. The cost of obtaining the C1 licence will be reimbursed by EEAST (receipt required) once candidates have started substantive employment with the trust. C1 reimbursement is not available for bank staff.
- The C1 licence will be funded by EEAST for eligible new starters up-to the value of £1,000 for lessons and one practical test. This does not include the theory test.
- Proof of payment via invoice/receipt is mandatory for us to process your claim.
- To be eligible, you need to have gained your C1 licence after you have made your application for the eligible role.
- No re-imbursement of C1 fees will be made prior to starting in the eligible role or joining the Trust.
- This funding is re-payable in full if you leave the Trust’s employment within two years of joining.