C1 licence and reimbursement
This applies to all frontline A&E roles where the C1 licence is an essential requirement for the role and driver training is provided as part of the initial induction and course offer. Please note that this does not include PTS roles.
- Emergency Care Support Worker (ECSW)
- Apprentice Emergency Care Support Worker
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician
- Student Paramedic
- Graduate Newly Qualified Paramedic (NQP).
Requirement at point of application:
- Applicants must have a full UK manual driving licence with a minimum of one years driving experience (maximum of three penalty points for minor motoring offences only)
Successful applicants without a provisional C1:
- Successful applicants who do not hold the provisional C1 will be required to obtain their provisional C1 as part of the conditional offer.
- Candidates must provide confirmation that they have applied to the DVLA for the provisional C1 prior to enrolling on a course and must subsequently confirm when they have received the provisional license.
- We expect candidates to have received their provisional C1 within six weeks of their course start date.
- From the 1st March 2019, the C1 licence will be funded by EEAST for our new starters, up-to the value of £1,000 for lessons and one practical test. This does not include the theory test.
- Proof of payment via invoice/receipt is mandatory for us to process your claim.
- To be eligible, you need to have gained your C1 licence after you have received a conditional offer from the Trust.
- No re-imbursement of C1 fees will be made prior to joining the Trust.
- This funding is re-payable in full if you leave the Trust’s employment within two years of joining.