Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician
This exciting new role allows you to deliver clinical excellence, improve patient outcomes, and provide a positive patient experience.
Salary: £17,598 per annum (NHS AFC Annex - 21 Training Salary, adjusted to meet the living wage).
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, and qualification as an EMT – £21,892 pa (April 20/21 Pay Rates)
All new staff with be subject to unsocial hours payments under section 2 of the NHS Terms and Conditions of Service Handbook.
Pay band: Band 4
Location: Vacancies available across the East of England (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire & Essex)
Training: Following an initial classroom-based course, as an Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician you will continue your apprenticeship and learning whilst out on the road, responding to emergency calls as a valued member of the Trust’s front-line team.
The duration of the apprenticeship will be 12-18 months, those that successfully complete the course will then automatically be eligible to continue in a qualified Emergency Medical Technician role with the Trust.
The small print:
- Have English and Maths GCSE Grade C (or above) or a pass in Functional Skills Level 2 qualification.
- Be required to sit a BKSB functional skills (Maths and English) assessment to assess your functional skills.
- Have a full UK manual driving licence with a minimum of 1 years driving experience (maximum of 3 penalty points for minor motoring offences only)
- Your own transport to attend training and work
- Be able to demonstrate experience in dealing with a range of age and social groups
- Be able to demonstrate a high degree of physical fitness by successfully meeting our fitness assessment
- Have an understanding of compassion, respect and dignity through patient centered care
- Have dedication, motivation and drive to ensure you take ownership of your own learning.
Successful applicants without a provisional C1:
- Successful applicants who do not hold C1 will be required to obtain it as part of the conditional offer.
- Candidates must provide confirmation that they have obtained their C1 prior to enrolling on a course. The cost of obtaining the C1 licence will be reimbursed by EEAST (receipt required) once candidates have started employment with the trust.
- More information on C1 reimbursement is available here.