Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician
This exciting new role allows you to deliver clinical excellence, improve patient outcomes, and provide a positive patient experience.
Salary: £17,109 in line with the living wage. All new staff with be subject to unsocial hours payments under section 2 of the NHS Terms and Conditions of Service Handbook.
Pay band: Band 4 (once qualified - £20,150, April 2018/19)
Location: Vacancies available across the East of England (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire & Essex)
Training: Following an initial classroom-based course, as an Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician you will continue your apprenticeship and learning whilst out on the road, responding to emergency calls as a valued member of the Trust’s frontline team.
The duration of the apprenticeship will be 12-18 months, those that successfully complete the course will then automatically be eligible to continue in a qualified Emergency Medical Technician role with the Trust.
The small print:
- Be able to demonstrate a general standard of education and be committed to self-development
- Have a full UK manual driving licence with a minimum of 1 years driving experience (maximum of 3 penalty points for minor motoring offences only)
- Hold full C1 category on your driving licence at point of application
- Have your own transport to attend training and work
- Be able to demonstrate experience in dealing with a range of age and social groups
- Be able to demonstrate a high degree of physical fitness by successfully meeting our fitness assessment
- Have an understanding of compassion, respect and dignity through patient centered care
- Have dedication, motivation and drive to ensure you take ownership of your own learning.