Ambulance care assistant (ACA)
The role of the ambulance care assistant involves the transportation of non-emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments and the patient's home.
This is a responsible role which requires a professional and caring attitude. If you have experience of caring for people and proven customer care and communication skills with the public, then we would like to hear from you. You will need to be flexible, adaptable, and at times, discreet.
Salary: £17,787 - £20,448 pa (pro-rata if applicable). Part-time, Full-time and BANK roles available
Pay band: Agenda for Change Band 3
Location: Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, Essex, North East Essex
Training: Will be provided
- Meet the Trust's requirements for fitness and health standards, including the DVLA group 2 driving standards
- Good attendance record in terms of number and length of absences. High standards of personal hygiene. Wear uniform as supplied and directed
- Literate and numerate to the Trust's tested levels
- Full car driving licence (a maximum 3 penalty points on licence or a clean licence if obtained within two years of application)
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above, or equivalent
- Successful completion of the Trust's driving assessment
- Experience of dealing with people, demonstrating sound customer care skills.
- Previous work in a caring profession
- Working with the public or public involvement
- To be flexible and adaptable, trustworthy, approachable, tactful and discreet
- To be diplomatic, caring, empathetic, enthusiastic and a mature attitude
- To be able to handle traumatic, emotional and distressing situations
- To be able to deal with various patient conditions, some of which that can be distressing.