Ambulance care assistant
We are looking for very special people trusted to care and transport patients when they may be feeling vulnerable on their journey to/from hospital. This is a responsible role which requires a professional and caring attitude.
If you have experience of caring for people, and proven customer care and communication skills with the public, then we would like to hear from you. You will need to be flexible, adaptable, with a mature outlook. A good sense of humour and knowledge of the area you are applying to work in will also be an advantage.
Salary: £16,968 - £19,852 pa (pro-rata if applicable) – The Trust’s commitment to the living wage will also apply
Pay band: Agenda for Change Band 3
Training: Clinical training to standards that allow you to be competent as a ‘First Person On Scene’, and patient transport driver training
- Minimum education standards (GCSE in Mathematics and English)
- Full UK manual driving licence with two years driving experience (a maximum of three penalty points for minor motoring offences will be considered)
- Full category C1 is required on your driving licence prior to starting this course – if you currently hold the provisional C1 on your licence you will be required to evidence you hold the full C1 category at least one week prior to the course start date
- To be flexible, approachable, calm, enthusiastic, honest and have integrity
- Good communication skills and to able to interact well with people
- Local area knowledge is desirable