Please supply me with all data regarding the criteria that the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) uses to grade references received for candidates both personal and professional during pre-employment checks, following a conditional offer of employment for a post of Emergency Operations Administrator, Band 3.
Professional references includes current employers and previous employers references.
Please provide information on how EEAST judges references to be satisfactory or unsatisfactory to a post of Emergency Operations Administrator, Band 3. Please supply information regarding the process of liaising with candidates that you judge to have unsatisfactory references, and the procedure that enables you to manage and decide whether the conditional offer will be withdrawn or upheld.
Information taken from Trust’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, 20.1
References covering a minimum of 3 years employment history and/or training, although 5 years is preferable, satisfactory to the Trust (as a minimum one of these must normally be the individuals current line manager or most recent employer/academic institution), all of which must be requested through the previous/current employers Human Resources Department, where appropriate, rather than to a specific individual. Where the applicant has been in full time education within the preceding 3 year period, a reference should be obtained from the relevant academic institution; Reference Process: Once references received they are reviewed by HR Services. If there are any areas of concern the following process is applied:
• The referee is contacted for consent to share comments contained within the reference with the candidate.
• Once consent is confirmed/not confirmed the candidate is contacted by HR Services to be given the opportunity to provide a supporting statement.
• All information is then given to RM for further consideration. • RM (or deputy) may also meet with candidate to discuss information further.
• RM makes final decision and then informs HR Services
• The candidate is informed in writing of the outcome Follow up question The information I was looking for in particular is how the trust judges references to be satisfactory or not so. Is there a grading scale or is it based on personal opinion? There is no grading scale, the recruiting manager makes an informed decision based on the information provided.