Requests for information by police
How to request information
All police requests for information should be made in writing to:
The Subject Access Request team will need a signed and counter-signed data protection form stating what information you require.
Please note that we locate 999 incidents by date, time and full/exact location. We cannot search by patient name or details.
All police requests for information must include the following:
- The data protection form must state that you are requesting the information under ‘DPA 2018 Schedule 2, Part 1, Paragraph 2’
- The form must also state the purpose of why you are requesting the information e.g. the prevention or detection of crime and apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- The date, time and location of the incident
- The information that you require from us e.g. patient care record, computer aided dispatch record, call recording or crew statements
- Your contact details – phone number and email address.
Please note that without this information, we are unable to process any police requests for information.
Other helpful information
- The patient’s name and address
- Our reference number (where applicable)
- If you are requesting crew statements, please detail what information you require the crew to include.
Once the Subject Access Request team receives the completed data protection form, we will action your request.