Patient advice liaison service
Our Patient Experience team deals with all Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) enquiries in a number of ways. For example:
- Helping to answer questions about your treatment
- Providing information and putting you in touch with other health care providers and organisations
- Receiving comments and suggestions about your experience of using our services and feeding them back so that services can be improved
- Providing access to bilingual health advocates and other support services you or your family might need in order to use PALS, eg interpreters or signers
- Supplying information on patients' rights
- Passing on your thanks to ambulance staff if you would like to praise them for your treatment
- Advising on how to access the complaints service, if you are unhappy about any aspect of your care or treatment
- Arranging referral to independent complaints advocacy services that can help to submit formal complaints.
Our PALS promise
If you contact PALS for assistance or advice, a member of the Patient Experience team will:
- contact you within 24 hours*
- arrange a meeting with a manager at a time and place convenient to you
- help you to find the best way of resolving your problem or answering your question deal with your enquiries in confidence and only pass on information to other care agencies with your consent
- not access your medical records without your permission
- keep you updated on the progress of enquiries and any action we propose to take
- use information from you anonymously to improve services ask you for feedback on PALS to use as a learning opportunity to improve our services.
* Monday to Friday, during office hours.